Wednesday 11 March 2020

Christmas Trees & Stencils

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today I'm sharing a couple of projects made for March's Christmas In The Air feature over at STAMPlorations. In this special feature Nancy and I are sharing a couple of Christmas projects each on the 2nd Wednesday in March and May.


This month I thought I'd go with Christmas Trees and stencilled backgrounds allowing the Sketchy Yule Trees to take center stage.

My first card features one of them with a starry background ...


I coloured the tree with metallic pencils, stencilled the stars and grounded my tree with my stamped sentiment. It was stamped in full to one side of the tree and just a bit of it to the other side.

You can easily do this using a stamping tool, simply by sliding your card across as shown ...



As you can see, these photos of the easy way were taken after my card was finished which means I did it the hard way. ;)

If you don't have a stamping tool, it's easy to do with a craft mat and ruler too. Simply align your card with the grid of your mat and make a faint pencil mark as your stamping guide.


Here is a close up of my first card ...


Next up is a Banksy inspired card ...


Initially I had a grungy look in mind, but going with the flow an almost CAS look suited my messy watercoloured tree better.

Given that white embossing looks best on coloured background, I decided to colour outside the lines for maximum impact before fuzzy cutting my tree. You can go rather messy with the colouring, it will be much neater once the tree has been cut out.


I popped it up on foam pads and added it to my stencilled background, stamped my sentiment and finished off with small gems.

Brick Wall, one of Helen's new stencils due to be released next week, was stencilled using Smoked Paprika Prism ink.

Here is one last look ...


Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to check out the lovely projects my teamie Nancy made. The Christmas In The Air feature also doubles up as a mini blog hop. Shery will randomly draw one winner of a $15 gift code from all the comments left on the Christmas In The Air posts on the STAMPlorations Blog, on Nancy's log and on my blog.


Have fun hopping along.
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop

Sketchy Yule TreesChristmas ElfOh, My Stars! Mini Stencil
preview-SketchyYuleTrees  preview-web-stencil-oh-my-stars-mini

Joy, Brick Wall Stencil (designed by Helen G Designs) due to be released next week
preview-Joy

13 comments:

  1. What fun tree cards and stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tree designs! Love your Christmas card inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice examples of cards that can be made from a relatively small stamp. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so festive
    and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and fabulous!! It doesn't take much to make a big impact; I really love that brick stenciling on the second. It's perfect for accenting that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! Wonderfully festive and beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the brick wall stencil and each of these pieces of fab art - TFS - I like to create Christmas cards and tags all year long - have a blessed day - great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the stenciled backgrounds for the cute trees.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards! Love the tree embossed in white; so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous images and cards. Love them both!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards - I love the stencilling! I need to use my stencils more! This Christmas feature is wonderful for me because I love to make my Christmas cards all year long! Looking forward to the next feature!

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing Christmas inspirations, I like your colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX