Monday 21 October 2019

Cakeful Celebrations

Hello Crafty Friends!

It's Release and Celebration Time this week over at STAMPlorations as they are having their belated 6th Birthday Celebrations and releasing a few new products too.

Day 1 is dedicated to 2 new stamp sets Layered Cake Bake and Better Together. I was working with Shirley's cake set which we are introducing today. Deepti's new set will be introduced by my teamies tomorrow.

Here are today's projects ...


My first card was inspired by an event going back almost 40 years when on a peaceful Saturday night, things got a little bit too peaceful. Turns out Minka, our the family cat at the time, had set her eyes on my mum's freshly baked cheese cake and devoured almost half of it!

Just a little note, my pink ink pad was a little dry hence the textured look on the bottom layer. 😀


The next project is my artsy take on Battenberg cake.

Here are both of the new stamp sets ....

No photo description available. No photo description available.

There are a few ways you can join the celebrations, have a look at the graphic below to find out


Here is a bit more information on the Linky Party:
  • The Linky is open from October 21 to November 5
  • You can link up any birthday- or celebration-themed project 
  • There is a limit of 3 entries per player 
  • The Linky can be found here on the Day 1 post
  • Players must link to the blog post on the STAMPlorations blog and display the Celebration graphic in their blog post to qualify for the prize; players linking from their Instagram/Pinterest/Flickr/FB/SplitcoastStampers accounts: must tag @stamplorations and use hashtag #stamplorations6thbirthday 
Here is a bit more information on the Wishlist Linky Party:
  • The Wishlist Linky is open from October 14 to November 5
  • You can link up your STAMP wishlist for 1 entry 
  • For an extra entry: mention the linky party, link to it, and display the graphic in a blog post
  • The Wishlist Linky can be found here
Full information on how to play along can be found here on the STAMPlorations Blog.



I am linking my catty card at:
2019 Cat Lovers Hop


That's it from me for today. Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to join their 6th Birthday Celebrations. I shall be back soon with more celebratory makes.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

Here is what else I used from the STAMPlorations Shop:
Pets
TBS-Pets-preview

36 comments:

  1. Great fun cards and sentiments -love the story lol
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards.. I want CAKE now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious story about the kitty and the cheesecake. Maybe not so funny from your end, though. ;D And what fabulous stamps. Love both of your cards. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are delightful! Especial the funny sentiment about handing over the cake... sweet Creations Monika! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fun design on the first card & of course, the kitties.
    And I think they mean it!!! Great sentiment for both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hand over the cake and no one gets hurt....how FUNNY!!!! I especially love how you
    paired it with cats. :) My cats get in trouble that way too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading your blog. Those cakes look good enough to eat. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! I love cats - those kitties are precious, and the sentiment is purr-fect! Thanks for the reminder about the STAMPlorations birthday party - I need to get over there and join in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute. Love both of these cards, especially the kitties.. =^-^=

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards and the first one is so fun!!
    Half cake is a big quantity... Poor Minka! (and poor Mum! LOL )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely creations and I adore those sweet cats. I used to make cakes for a hobby and my cats were terrors when it came to sweet icing. I had to have eyes in the back of my head !!!!
    Lovely to see you at the 2019 Cat Hop.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my goodness, Monika...I would hate to have been the one to take care of the litterbox after a cat ate a bunch of cheesecake!!! LOL...ugh. What a little rascal for doing that. Love this story that inspired your card. The addition of the cats with that fun sentiment and the scrumptious looking cake was genius!!!
    Thank you for playing along in the #2019CatLoversHop!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe such a naughty cat stealing the cheesecake! Great card and I loved hearing the inspiration behind it.
    Jenny x
    https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see from the look on the smaller cat's face that he's just waiting for a chance to steal that yummy looking cake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous ways of using the cake layers. I love the addition of the kitties too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colors on your cakes! I've hopped over from the Cat Lovers Hop and hope to join in Stamplorations celebration too. I love their products.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely card, Monika and a great story to go with it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. fun, fun, fun!!! These cards are fabulous, and I just love that sentiment about handing over the cake and no one gets hurt; so true!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant way of making the cake layers and those cats look like they are waiting for your back to turn two have a quick lick at the icing.! Hugs ValeryAnne.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the colorful cakes and the addition of the cats on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So much fun made and those stamps are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL, Monika, that's exactly the kind of thing I get from the fur babies in my home all the time! Too funny. It's great to see so many of us doing the Cat Lovers Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A cutie of a card! I love cheesecake, and I can understand why Minka thought that she would help herself.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a creative idea to combine kitties and cake (two of my favorite things). We had a cat who would steal slices of bread, but never had one steal the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely LOVE your kitty cards! So fun! This is my first year participating in the Cat Lovers Hop - we have eight fur babies (Poopie, Molly, Jack, Walter, Tigger, Milo, Dusty and Mocha Latte) that we love to the moon and back! I'm so happy to see you here also and have the chance to visit your blog!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love both cards..and the kitties!

    Val DT LeighSBDesigns x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the card so much and it happens at our home most of the time as teh naughty kitties eat anything that is left unattended.Blessings to your home from mine

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous makes. Fab sentiments and very cute cats. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Okay you can have the cake! too many calories! Fun card x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fun cards! Love the cakes and the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fun cards! Love the kitties and sentiments!

    rstevensoncreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful cards, very pretty...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX