Tuesday 5 March 2019

Hello Sunshine

Hello Crafty Friends!

It's 1st Tuesday in February and the start of a new TAGplorations Challenge over at STAMPlorations.

The theme for February is: All About Spring
The optional twist is: to use Birds


Well, as you can see, I didn't go for the optional twist this time. I had originally planned to include a little bird somewhere in my tag, but somehow it didn't work out.

Spring for me is all about daffodils and yellow symbolising sunshine. There is also the fresh green of young shoots and leaves breaking through, all of which I tried to capture in my tag. Here it is ...


It has been unseasonally warm and sunny last week which was really nice. It enabled us to get out into the garden and doing some catching up on outer maintenance a bit earlier than we thought.

As for my tag ... I spritzed the die-cut tag with liquid watercolour and stamped some yellow dotty leaves for my background. The daffodil was stamped on mixed media card and watercoloured using inks. I did a bit of border stamping, added my die-cut sentiment and finished off with matching paper ribbon.


If you love tags, why not give it a go and play along? Your project can be anything as long as it features a tag. You can enter as many projects as you want, but one per blog post please, and you don't have to use STAMPlorations products, yet we'd be thrilled if you would. There is currently a free winter/holiday image to download at STAMPlorations Never ending Anything Goes Challenge here. Please check out the full revised challenge guidelines here on the STAMPlorations Blog.

One lucky winner, voted for by the DT, will win a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate and 3 randomly picked players will win a $5 STAMPlorations gift certificate each.

Ready for more tagtastic inspiration? Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to see the gorgeous projects my teamies created and, of course, to link up your tag project/s too.

That's it from me for today. Have a lovely week.
hugs
Monika xx

here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, you can use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at checkout for a 20% discount on their, stamps, dies and stencils

preview-FramedSolitaryDaffodil MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg preview-LeavesofThanks preview-manilatags 

preview-hellosunshine

here is what else I used:
black Versafine ink, Aurore, Miel, Cire, Verveine, Menthe, Mer Du Sud and Outremer Izink inks, red paper ribbon, mixed media card, orange card, gem 

2 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX