Sunday 22 January 2017

January Stencil Sunday

Hello, Crafty Friends!

Welcome to another Stencil Sunday in December. May I take the opportunity to remind you of the current Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. As you know Anything Mixed Media Goes as long as it is not a card and you use at least one stencil.

My DT contribution for this Stencil Sunday is ... a little canvas


I started off attaching the Life Is Good ARTplorations Mask to a piece of mixed media card, blended with Wilted Violet, Twisted Citron and Abandoned Coral DIs and spritzed with water. I used the same inks to blend the edges of a small flat canvas.

With my mask still on, I stamped the flowers (Floral BlissZinnia LargeSeashell Cosmo LargeDahlia Large) in black Versafine before adding some texture using my coloured inks and stamps from the Scribbly Splattery Grunge set before stamping the butterfly from the same set in black, lightly sponging with Hickory Smoke and outlining 'Life Is Good' with a black fineliner pen.

Next, I removed the mask, tore the edges of my piece of card, attached it to my canvas before adding some Versamark and Shabby Pink Frantage Powder and heat setting it.

I then blended the edges, stamped the partial border (Artsy Border Maker), added a touch of Royal Amethyst and Rose Quartz Treasure Gold and some gold gel pen doodles around the edges.


I cut a length of matching organza ribbon, added some pearls and attached on the reverse of my canvas.


I stamped, watercoloured and fuzzy cut the butterfly (Blossom Like A Butterfly), lightly shaped and attached it in place before adding some sequins to finish.


I am entering my little canvas at:

I hope you feel inspired to create something different, maybe even do some up-cycling or re-purposing .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. The theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.


That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with another project to share.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:

ARTplorations Mask: Life Is Good
preview-stencil125-Lifeisgoodmask
FloralBliss-preview ZinniaLARGE SeashellCosmoLARGE DahliaLARGE

ArtsyBorderMaker-web-preview SheryRuss_Scribbly Splattery Grunge-preview preview-BlossomLikeAButterfly

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool! What beautiful colors and a great design! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that looks fabulous! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab canvas. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX