Wednesday 11 January 2017

Revisiting Favourites

for my Spotlight feature over at STAMPlorations ...


Hello Crafty Friends!
It's my turn for a Spotlight Project over at STAMPlorations. It is a sort of a follow on from Monday's Mixed Media Tutorial. I am looking to make an alternative cover for the note pad I am going to use to record my art journal projects with a little help from two of my favourite Stamp Club sets, Bloom Sketches and Mixed Media Grunge, and the Daisy Dance and Foiled Again ARTplorations Stencils.

Here is the finished project:


Anything I tend to pick up a lot or put on a shelf needs to have minimal layers and embellishments to feel robust. My way of dealing with this is to add layers and detail through sponging and stamping hence the use of the two stencils. As you can see one through the other you are getting an incredible depth and the daisies just seem to float.


I really love how the stamped border turned out. The stamps from the Mixed Media Grunge set add detail without stealing the show.


If you want to find out how I made my cover, pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog for a full step by step tutorial.
That's it from me now, have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies

Bloom SketchesMixed Media GrungeArt IsArt Marks,
BloomSketches.jpeg MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg Shery_Russ-ArtIs-preview preview-SheryRuss_ArtMarks1

Bold Sentiments Journey and Create, ARTplorations Stencils Foiled Again and Daisy Dance
preview-STAMPlorations-Journey preview-STAMPlorations-Journey preview-web-stencil-023-foiledagain.jpeg preview-web-stencil-031-daisydance

1 comment:

  1. Love the patterns you have created. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX