Sunday 11 September 2016

September Stencil Sunday

Hello, Crafty Friends!

Welcome to another Stencil Sunday in September which gives me the opportunity to remind you of the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. As you know Anything Mixed Media Goes as long as it is not a card and you use at least one stencil.

My DT contribution for Stencil Sunday is ... a Vintage tag .... and I always thought, I couldn't do vintage for love nor money ... this one just happened as I went along wanting to do something completely different on the outset.

TIP!: In Mixed Media it's always good to go with the flow.


Here are the basic steps on how I made it:
  • die cut the large tag from CUTplorations Luggage Tags Nesting Dies
  • take a pale turquoise and purple brusho print off your crafting mat (I used some Brusho which I had left over from my upcoming Spotlight Project 'Stamping With Brushos) Not sure, if it was down to the brusho print, but the ink colours didn't seem to blend like they normally do. Something I need to keep my eye on.
  • blend some pink through the ARTplorations Honeycomb Delight Stencil (I used Melon Mambo SU ink)
  • do some 2nd generation background stamping using stamps from the Mixed Media Elements set in turquoise (Tempting Turquoise SU ink)
  • blend with yellow (Daffodil Delight SU ink)
  • stamp the script from the Mixed Media Elements set in black partially wiping the ink off before stamping
  • stamp swirls in olive green (Old Olive SU ink) using one of the stamps from the Distressed Floral Swirls
  • stamp and add you sentiment from the Art Is set
  • add two birds using Sparkle Medium (Black Stars) and the Some Birds ARTplorations Stencil
  • add pearls and a touch of golden glitter
  • finish off with a little lace
I am entering my tag at:
Craft Stamper Make It Take It - Anything Goes

I hope you feel inspired to create something different .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. The theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.


That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with another project to share.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
ARTplorations Stencils: Honeycomb DelightSome Birds 
preview-web-stencil-018-honeycombdelight.jpeg preview-web-stencil-037-somebirds

STAMPlorations Stamps: Mixed Media ElementsDistressed Floral Swirls, Art Is
SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements stmp1005-a.jpegShery_Russ-ArtIs-preview

CUTplorations Thin Metal Dies: Luggage Tags Nesting Dies
preview-stamplorations-luggagetags

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty Monika, I love all the different layers and the colours look beautiful together. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX