Hello Crafty Friends!
It's time to start off the September CASEplorations Challenge over at STAMPlorations. This month we are taking inspiration from one of the CAS Stamp Girls as we invite you to CASE this stunning card by Ksenija Risova from Sweet Kobylkin.
Ksenija posted about her card on her blog here, if you want to check it out. Have a look, what can you see?
- coffee, tea or any other type of hot drink
- red, orange, yellow with a touch of blue
- kraft card base
- white splatters
- fish tail banner
- catchy sentiment
Here is what I made of it ...
- stayed with the hot drink theme
- red, orange and yellow in my focal image with a blue faded outline for dimension
- splatters in my brown Brusho background
- the fish tail banner became a die cut tag
- created my own catchy sentiment
here are the steps:
- create brusho background by sprinkling some brown brusho powder on your craft mat, spritz with water and mop up using a piece of watercolour card
- die cut the small tag from the CUTplorations Luggage Tags Nesting Dies
- stamp the mug and hearts from the Sketchy Coffee Cups set in black Memento ink and colour them with alcohol markers
- die cut the Hugs CUTplorations Word Die from black card
- create a 'in a mug' sentiment and edge with black
- attach your tag using a heart shaped brad to the brusho base and layer on a red base card TIP!: Use a matching alcohol marker to colour your brad, if needed
- attach the sentiment and finish off with with a couple of white sequins
Here is another look at my finished card ...
Hope you feel inspired to put your own spin on Ksenija's card and join us at CASEplorations. You can link your finished project up here on the STAMPlorations Blog.
That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with more projects to share.
Have a lovely day!
here is what I used:
STAMPlorations Stamps: Sketchy Coffee Cups