Welcome to this first Sunday in September and the start of a new Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. As you know Anything Mixed Media Goes as long as it is not a card and you use at least one stencil.
My DT contribution for September is ... a coaster ....
... which is now adorning my craft table for somewhere to rest the all important brew on.
Here are the basic steps on how I made it:
- die cut a large circle to fit a chipboard coaster base
- blend the background using turquoise, yellow and pink inks (I used Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo SU inks)
- use white Craft ink through the Dots And Dashes stencil
- sponge pink (Melon Mambo) through the Gridlocked stencil
- stamp the foot prints and sentiments from the Born to Roam stamp set
- apply Sparkle Medium (Cherry) using the Some Birds stencil
- stamp, colour and fuzzy cut the globe and sentiment from Born To Roam, create a shadow for the globe using copper coloured chalk and attach in place
- add sequin and coat with ModPodge
That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with another project to share.
Have a lovely day!
here is what I used:
ARTplorations Stencils: Gridlocked. Dots And Dashes, Some Birds
STAMPlorations Stamps: Born To Roam