It's Tuesday which means it's Inspiration Time over at STAMPlorations. As my DT piece I made a bold and cheerful card using the large buttercup from the Buttercups And Butterflies set in combination with a sentiment from the Bloom Happy set .... oh ... and of course a little bit of die-cutting thrown into the mix too.
I just love that big bold buttercup! Actually I do love buttercups full stop, they are so bright and cheerful and look extremely nice in the hedgerows and roadsides out in Wales where we tend to spend quite a bit of time over the summer. Back to my card, here is how it was made:
- die-cut a coloured panel using the small one of the CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangles Nesting Dies (I used a piece of card which I had coloured mopping up some ink or Brusho from my craft mat. I tend to collect them as I go along, they make great backgrounds or starting points for mixed media work)
- stamp the large buttercup 4 times in Archival ink and colour with watercolours
- use the Buttercup Coordinating Die to die-cut the buttercups and snip off the stem
- stamp the sentiment from the Bloom Happy set, cut out and edge with black
- layer as shown on a linen effect base card
That's it from me for today, I shall be back tomorrow with a very interesting Spotlight Feature and of course with my DT contribution the CUTplorations Christmas Release and Linky Party. See you there.
Have a lovely day!
here is what I used:
STAMPlorations stamps: Buttercups And Butterflies, Bloom Happy
CUTplorations Thin Metal Dies: Buttercups And Butterflies Coordinating Dies, Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangles Nesting Dies