Hello, Crafty Friends!
Welcome to this first Sunday in November and the start of a new Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. As you know Anything Mixed Media Goes as long as it is not a card and you use at least one stencil.
My DT contribution for November is ... a Christmas Tag ....
here are the basic steps on how I made it:
- cut a tag from a strip of card with very pale grey watercolouring using the CUTplorations ATC Tag Builder
- stamp the script and postage stamps from the Mixed Media Elements in grey
- stencil grey stars using the ARTplorations Oh, My Stars! Stencil
- stencil the Christmas Tree using Cherry and Black Stars Sparkle Medium
- outline the tree with a golden gel pen
- outline your tag with a gold leaf pen
- add some sequins
- stamp and attach the sentiment from the Gone Postal set
- finish off with some fibers
Here is another look at my tag ..
I hope you feel inspired to get into the Christmas spirit and create a tag .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge and the Holiday TAGplorations Hop over at STAMPlorations. The theme for the Mixed Media Challenge is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.
That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with another project to share.
Have a lovely day!
here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:
ARTplorations Stencils: Christmas Trees, Oh, My Stars!
STAMPlorations Stamps used: Mixed Media Elements, Gone Postal
CUTplorations Dies used: ATC Tag Builder