Hello, Crafty Friends!
Welcome to another Stencil Sunday in November, May I take the opportunity to remind you of the current Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. As you know Anything Mixed Media Goes as long as it is not a card and you use at least one stencil.
My DT contribution for this Stencil Sunday is ... a pen holder
... and here is how I made it:
- spray the base coated box with Ocean Blue, Forest Green and Gold Artiste Spritzing ink and allow to dry
- lightly stamp the Distressed Damask Background in Tiger Lily Archival, you only want to pick up a little of the pattern
- sponge Tiger Lily through the A Bloom And Three Buds ARTplorations stencil and outline with a dark brown alcohol marker
- add some highlights using a white gel pen
- add a border of dots using an orange and edge using a dark brown alcohol marker
- sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set
- at this point you can add some extra stamping to the sides of the internal box, if you feel like it. I personally didn't do this
- add highlights to the bloom and buds using gold shimmer eyeliner, I love it for its non-messy, very fine glitter
- finish off with a coat of Mod Podge
A few of my observations:
- the pigment spritzing inks will pool and mix before drying, it will react differently as compared to using paper, which is partially due to being coated with acrylic emulsion
- any colour from the Archival ink and alcohol markers will change mainly influenced by the golden shimmer pigment from the spritzing inks, Tiger Lily is a very bright orange
- the spritzing ink will react with Mod Podge where it hasn't been sealed with clear embossing powder to make it look painted rather than spritzed. I only coated the front and back with embossing powder
Here are a few more photos ...
I hope you feel inspired to create something different, maybe even do some up-cycling or re-purposing .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. The theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.
That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with another project to share.
Have a lovely day!
here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:
ARTplorations Stencils: A Bloom And Three Buds
STAMPlorations Stamps: Distressed Damask Background