Tuesday 2 January 2018

Birthday Shaker

Hello Crafty Friends!

It's Inspiration Time over at STAMPlorations. This week my teamies and I are showcasing stamps by our very own Shirley under her label 'The Bee's Knees'.

I decided to work with the Newlyweds Extras and World Birthday Cakes to create a shaker card. Here it is ...


I wanted to showcase some of the smaller stamps this time and felt that using a frame die, like the one from my stash, was a good way to do this. If you haven't got one, you can always design your own and cut it with a craft knife. Instead of the pierced dots, you could use faux stitching.


I used the large rectangle only for my shaker otherwise it would have been too fuzzy for my liking.

TIP!: Cutting the frame twice helps with the positioning of the stamping as you can use the off cuts to stamp on and inlay them into your first frame before adding the second frame with dimension and acetate for the shaker.


As mentioned earlier, this week we are showcasing stamps designed by our very own Shirley under her label 'The Bee's Knees'. All her sets will be reduced by 15% until Monday 8th January.

Of course Shery will still draw a winner at random from all the comments left on this month's Inspiration Posts over on the STAMPlorations Blog. Pop over to see what my teamies created and to leave a comment for your entry into their prize draw.

That's it from me for today. Have a lovely week!
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps ***, stencils and dies:
Newlyweds ExtasWorld Birthday Cakes
stmp1092.jpeg preview-TBSWorldBirthdayCakes
*** Discount code works on sale items too

2 comments:

  1. Great use of images in the windows of this die

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use the smaller stamps, Monika! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX