Hi Crafty Friends!
Today's cards showcasing the Retro Christmas STAMPcuts by STAMPlorations are quick and easy to make yet still have plenty of interest thanks to the Quick Card Fronts I used.
I know you may feel that it is a little bit early to take a deep dive into Christmas card making in September when there are still a few months to go. I fully understand this yet Shery, STAMPlorations owner, is taking a well deserved break starting in late September and pretty much all of October. This means, depending on where you live, it will be prudent to get your Christmas card making stash ordered soon.
Have a look at today's quick makes ...
For my first card, I didn't want to go fully retro hence I chose the more modern pink-ish poinsettia from the Simply Christmas A2 Quick Card Fronts #15 which I layered on a matching base card. The gems finishing off my card are pink and purple, an unexpected splash of colour for my joyful card.
Tidings of Joy was just the ideal sentiment to use.
My next card is a more traditional one but still has the unexpected splash of colour in the form of two line green sequins to pick up the olive almost lime green colour from the sentiment's shadow.
This time I used one of the Christmas A2 Qick Card Fronts and added some stamping to slightly alter the look using the retired Holiday Sketches: Christmas Flower which is still available in digital format and with a suitable printer can directly be printed onto card to create backgrounds and much more.
The bold Comfort & Joy sentiment from the Retro Christmas STAMPcuts set provides the perfect focal point to finish my card off.
Summing up today's cards:
You can add a playful and joyful sense to your cards by using unexpected splashes of colour in your embellishments.
The large sentiments from the Retro Christmas STAMPcuts provide ideal focal points to shine the light on your Christmas message while the smaller ones can be perfectly partnered with with a bold focal point such as the poinsettia I used.
That's it from me for today. I shall soon be back with part 3 of the STAMPcuts Retro Christmas showcase.
Wishing you a lovely week.
Hugs
Monika 💕

Simply Christmas A2 Quick Card Fronts #15

Holiday Sketches: Christmas Flower, retired but still available in digital format as
Sketched Christmas Flower an Poinsettia Row


Here is what I used:
Just a little reminder: I am on the STAMPlorations DT Team. Please be aware that the following links are affiliated links which means should you use them to make a purchase I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- from the STAMPlorations Shop


Sorry, no graphic, but there are plenty of DT examples within the shop listing
Holiday Sketches: Christmas Flower, retired but still available in digital format as
Sketched Christmas Flower an Poinsettia Row

Feel free to check out STAMPlorations Subscription offers for stencils, paper goods and stickers.
In addition please d check out STAMPlorations Freebie of the Month which will automatically be shipped with any order of $25 and over.
- from my stash
coloured base card
Brou de Noix Izink Ink
glue
sequins
gems
3D foam pads
3D foam pads
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX