Hello, Crafty Friends!
Welcome to another Stencil Sunday in October, May I take the opportunity to remind you of the current Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. As you know Anything Mixed Media Goes as long as it is not a card and you use at least one stencil.
My DT contribution for this Stencil Sunday is ... a tag ....
... and here is how I made it:
- create a tag in the same way I created the covers for my Die Storage Booklet from my Mixed Media Titorial here using the ATC/Gift Card Envelope CUTplorations Die
- colour the tag using magenta watercolour (Liquarel)
- sponge turquoise ink through the Delicate Links ARTplorations Stencil (Tempting Turquoise SU ink)
- stencil the flying birds from the Some Birds ARTplorations Stencil using paste and lightly colour their edges using turquoise ink
- randomly sprinkle with embossing powders and heat set (Cosmic Shimmer tropic Pink Blaze, WOW Primary Marshmallow, Heat It Up! Enchanted Gold)
- ink up the rose from the Blossom Overture set, sprinkle and heat some Ultra Think Embossing Powder to one side and whilst still hot stamp the rose into it, allow for a little cooling time before lifting the stamp off (Cosmic Shimmer Tropic Pearl, Ink It Up! Lavender Pigment Ink)
- stamp some swirls from the Distressed Floral Swirls using Archival Ink (Blue Violet)
- stamp and attach your sentiment from the Trendy Butterflies set
- finish off with gold edging, sequins and fibers
Here are a couple of photos from a different perspective:
I hope you feel inspired to create something different, maybe even do some up-cycling or re-purposing .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. The theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.
That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with another project to share.
Have a lovely day!
here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:
ARTplorations Stencils: Delicate Links, Some Birds
STAMPlorations Stamps: Blossom Overture, Distressed Floral Swirls, Trendy Butterflies
CUTplorations Dies: ATC/Gift Card Envelope