Hello, Crafty Friends!
Welcome to this first Sunday in October and the start of a new Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. As you know Anything Mixed Media Goes as long as it is not a card and you use at least one stencil.
My DT contribution for October is ... a tealight holder ....
... which is now adorning the mantelpiece in our lounge.
Here are the basic steps on how I made it:
- paint a clean, empty jar on the outside with Stone PapertArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paint
- sand back a little and add a layer of Claret PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paint
- using the ARTplorations Leaf Prints Stencil create 6 leaves as described in my video below
- sand the jar once more a little before applying Gold Metallic Acrylic paint to the jar and the leaves
- attach the leaves and gems using glue
- add a piece of raffia around the top and lightly brush with metallic gold acrylic paint
- add golden glitter glue around the rim and bottom
- add a tealight using a glue dot to keep in place
How I made the leaves ...
I hope you feel inspired to create something different, maybe even do some up-cycling or re-purposing .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. The theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.
That's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with another project to share.
Have a lovely day!
here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:
ARTplorations Stencils: Leaf Prints