Friday 17 June 2022

Journal Cover 1

Hi Crafty Friends!

I made a little book again, this time to use for art journaling the first completed page of which was posted earlier this week.

Now it's time to share the front cover, here it is ...


I started off with attaching a few strips of pretty paper off cuts to a piece of card. I then added the stencilling with paste, or shall I say All purpose Filler from Home Bargains, and allowed it to dry. I had the filler for a while and it had gone slightly lumpy which made for a rather nice worn look after the lumps were removed. the tube had been opened for a couple of years at least after its last use and only the first bit had set which I was rather pleased about.

Once dry I added some colour to my paste stencilling and a little more stencilling with ink. A bit of stamping and more ink around the edges finished my background off. The butterfly, sentiment, sequins and a touch of glitter finished the cover off.

That's it for today. Wishing you all a lovely weekend!
hugs
Monika 💕


here is what I used:
- off-cuts Happy Watercolour design from The Works
- Flair and Wavy slimline stencils from STAMPlorations
- Mixed Media Grunge stamp set from STAMPlorations
- Scribbly Insects stamp set by Dina Wakley's Media

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX