Wednesday 28 March 2018

Lost In The Right Direction

Hello Crafty Friends!

It's time for a new challenge over at The Male Room challenge blog where the bi-weekly challenge is all about making projects for the men in our lives. Our Guest Designer this time 'round is Sonja. You can check out her wonderful makes on Sonja's blog here.

I've gone a little arty for my DT piece this week, here it is ...


Each challenge, of course, has a different theme. For challenge #82 we are looking for anything using watercolours. Lots of scope there!


Well, I have to let you in on a little secret ... I am not good at colouring in. Initially I had this idea of doing something freehand using watercolours, but to no avail. I decided to go for a watercolour background instead.

I simply spritzed a piece of mixed media card with water, dropped some ready mixed cyan and yellow watercolour into it and allowed it to dry. The watercolour is Liquarel by Renesans, a Polish company I think, and I can buy it at ARTFIX, the little art supply shop in my local museum, the Williamson Art Gallery.

All that was left to do, was the stamping using stamps from the upcoming Wanderlust release at STAMPlorations, a spot of die-cutting and layering on my black base card.


Fancy creating with watercolour, pop over to The Male Room for more inspiration and to link up your masculine makes.

That's it from me for today
Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
cyan and yellow Liquarel watercolour - Renesans
black card - Stampin'Up!
black Versafine ink - stash
Mixed Media card - Amazon


from STAMPlorations:
Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies, Wanderlust Hipster Icons and Typographia Wanderlust are due for release in April
preview-CrazyDoubleRunningStitches-Rectangle
remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on STAMPlorations stamps ***, stencils and dies:
*** Discount code works on sale items too

1 comment:

  1. The perfect background for that wonderful bold sentiment x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX