thanks for all your lovely comments, they are very much appreciated.
For today's card, I've gone all Flower Power. It was mainly inspired by some lovely papers I bought in The Works on Tuesday, when I had ample time browsing whilst waiting for Nick.
As you can see I finally managed to catch up with these red boots on their travels ....
How to make this card:
- cut a tag shape from white card stock, blend with some pink and yellow ink, stamp sentiment from City Girl in yellow and orange. Spritz with water to get some faded spots
- stamp the boots from A Girl And Her Shoes directly onto your tag and colour using Poppy red and Cardinal red Promarkers adding an outline using Cool Grey1 for added depth. Add some faux stitching in black.
- heat emboss your sentiment in white on a strip of kraft card, add a strip of black punched border at the bottom and attach to your tag.
- dry emboss a piece of white card using the ARTplorations Stencils: Oh My Stars! and leaving the stencil in place sponge some blue ink over part of it fading out towards the edges, add some faux stitching in brown and slightly distress the edges.
- die cut some flower shapes from news print paper, scrunch up and layer adding a few pearls to the center.
- die cut a swirly branch with leaves from matching green card
- cut a piece of brightly coloured floral paper, slightly distress the edges, layer on your kraft base card and add a partial border to one corner
- cut a length of white lace, layer all elements as shown and finish off by adding some pink mulberry flowers and pearls
I would like to enter my card at the following challenges:
Well that's it from me for today. I shall be back soon with more inspiration, until then ...
Have a lovely weekend!
Designer Paper - The Works
Branch with leaves - Sizzix Eclips shape
Flower die - Sizzix
Daisy ribbon punch - Tonic Studio
Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze inks - Stampin'Up!
Lace and mulberry flowers - recycled from cards I received