Welcome back to my 2nd instalment showcasing STAMPlorations new Simple Expressions - FOCUS stamp set.
Today's offering is rather colourful with a distinct sense of times-gone-by. Let's have a look ...
Summing up today's post:
The jars in the image reminded me of making jams, chutneys and generally preserving food which seems to have had a revival in recent years hence the sentiment of 'Focus on the good life'. It is also a nod to the British sitcom The Good Life taking a humorous look at the challenges of self sufficiency in suburbia.
The sentiment was made up using the Simple Expressions - FOCUS set in combination with the word 'LIFE' from the Bold Sentiments - Journey set. (I could have handwritten the word 'LIFE', but it wouldn't have looked anywhere near as good. 😀)
The background is partially stamped and ink blended using the solid 'FOCUS' stamp and partially stencilled using the Square Lots Square Stencil as a nod to garden trellis and home grown food.
To create the layered look, I simply used low tack masking tape to mask off the area I wasn't working on.
This card started off with the pencil coloured ATC and wanting to have a background that wouldn't drown out the softer colouring. While searching through bit of orange card for the best shade to use, I came across this almost square piece which ended up being my background. I rather liked the somewhat irregular frame in combination with the layering I had in mind.
It always pays to play around with what you already got as it opens up different opportunities as you can see in my next card.
This one has a different shape, a more regular frame and bolder colouring of the image. The bolder coloured image can hold its own against the background stamping. I think the combination of both looks rather striking.
I've been stamping across layers again for today's cards, a technique described in my previous post here.
Summing up today's post:
Masking can be used to create faux layers to add interest/layers without adding bulk to your projects.
Stamping across layers can add interest to either background or sentiments.
Changing the shape and/or colouring medium used can easily transform one idea into different looking cards.
You can use bits of stamps you already have in your stash for custom sentiments. The Simple Expressions - FOCUS sentiment would work well with words such as 'times', 'in life', 'in others', 'days', 'memories', 'possibilities' to name a few. I'm sure you can think of more.
That's it from me for today. I shall be back later this week with some new makes. Until then ...
Simple Expressions - Focus

Retro People ATC

Bold Sentiments - Journey




Hugs
Monika 💕
Here is what I used:
Just a little reminder: I am on the STAMPlorations DT Team. Please be aware that the following links are affiliated links which means should you use them to make a purchase I will get a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- from the STAMPlorations Shop

Retro People ATC

Bold Sentiments - Journey


Bold Sentiments - Believe (retired) for the '& SHINE'

Feel free to check out STAMPlorations Subscription offers for stencils, paper goods and stickers.
In addition please d check out STAMPlorations Freebie of the Month which will automatically be shipped with any order of $25 and over.
- from my stash
white card
Confetti White, Melon Mambo and orange card (sorry, can't remember the exact shade), Coastal Cabana ink by Stampin'UP!
colouring pencils, unbranded
alcohol markers, unbranded
onyx black Versafine ink
Roasted Coffee Prism ink
The Izink ink
sequins
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX