Tuesday 2 August 2016

Color Blooms ATCs Part 1

Hello Crafty Friends and Happy National Coloring Day to my friends from across the Atlantic!

It's Inspiration time over at STAMPlorations, and as promised I shall be introducing some of the ATCs I made using pieces of a page from the Color Blooms Coloring Book. I won't go into what I used to do the colouring, it is all explained in a Spotlight Post here.

An ATC, Artist's Trading Card, is a piece of art work measuring 2 1/2"  x 3 1/2 ". They are usually swapped with like minded artists and have the creator's details on the reverse. I recently made a whole bunch of them to exchange at last weekends Happy Little Stamper's Craft Retreat in Swindon.

For more ATC information and ideas, see Melissa's Mixed Media Tutorial here on the STAMPlorations Blog. Now, back to my creations ....


I adhered my piece of Color Blooms to a piece of white card, stamped and embossed my sentiment from the Bold Sentiments: Explore, added a 3D effect with a white gel pen and finished off with a couple of punched hearts, some pearls, gem and fibers. I then layered on a thin piece of chipboard, added another piece of card with the details on the reverse and disguised the edge with a helping of glitter glue.


For my next ATC, I tried heat embossing without using pigment ink. I simply sprinkled holographic embossing powder on a piece of tempting Turquoise coloured newsprint paper and heated it from underneath, I then attached my fuzzy cut Color Blooms Flower, added my sentiment, Bold Sentiments: Explore and Create, and finished off with some white and sparkly doodles, sequin and sparkly dots.


I altered my next piece of coloured page by adding some pearls, sequins, glossy accents and sentiment from Bold Sentiments: Create finishing off with white and golden doodles.


Again I used a piece of Tempting Turquoise coloured newsprint paper, stamped the heart square from the Patchwork Frenzy: Graphic Squares set around the edge as a half diamond for a grungy border, embossed as above with holographic embossing powder, attached my piece of coloured bloom, added a doodled frame and finished off with my sentiment from Bold Sentiments: Create and Imagine plus a spot of glossy accents and sequin.

This is it from me for now, pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog for more inspiration and to leave a comment for your entry to win a $10 gift certificate.

If you got the colourin bug ... it is National Coloring Day in the US and Shery has prepared a little taster for you over on the STAMPlorations Blog here. There is also a linky party you can join. :-D



As for me, I shall be back soon.

Stay Playful and have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
Color Blooms; Bold Sentiments: Create, Explore, Imagine; Patchwork Frenzy: Graphic Squares
colorbloomscover preview-STAMPlorations-Create preview-STAMPlorations-Explore preview-STAMPlorations-Imagine stmp1041.jpeg

6 comments:

  1. You were on a roll here! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ATCs.
    Love the glitter
    glue used on the
    edges.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use the colouring pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you created atc's with your color blooms page!I love atc's and your are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I especially like the one with the floss on the side!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX