... and overall Blog Hop DAY 7 ...
Hi All! It's PARTY TIME!!!!! STAMPlorations is turning 3 and they are celebrating BIG! It's Blog Hop Time!
..... and Shery is releasing a new product too ... CUTplorations thin metal dies ... this is day 3 of their release ...
First up is my DT contribution to DAY 7 of the blog hop. Today I was working with two of the CUTplorations word dies, hugs and smile ....
... in combination with CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies, ARTplorations Stencils: Leaf Prints and Kathryn's Big Wishes stamp set.
The first card is super easy to make ... cut a Crazy Double Running Stitch rectangle, spritz with ink, cut out the word hugs, layer on a contrasting base card, attach a leaf using decoupage gel glue (it helps to keep the shape) and finish off with a couple of clear gems. You can see how I made the leaf in my short Easy Leaves video here.
For my second card, I stamped, masked and coloured to build up my image and stamped sentiment before cutting the word smile into it keeping all the elements even the little fill in bits one normally would discard as they were due to become part of my sentiment base layer. I also cut the word smile twice more from white card to build up my sentiment for a 3D effect. Have a close look ...
Now back to the blog hop ... as with every blog hop there will be prizes for commenting on participating blogs. You can find all the links for DAY 7 here on the STAMPlorations Blog.
The prizes for commenting are:
Prizes for commenting on the STAMPlorations blog and STAMPlorations designers blogs:
- THREE (3) winners of $25 gift certificate
- SEVEN (7) winners (1 per day) of $10 gift certificate
.... hold on, that's not all ... there is also a Linky Party you can join to help us celebrate
How does this work:
- there is a mood board below for you to draw inspiraiton from
- create your project (No back linking, projects must be new, but you can use any brand of product. We would be tickled pink if you were to use STAMPlorations products, but it is not necessary.)
- display the mood board in your post
- link to any of the 7 blog hop posts
- the linky will be open until 5th July, it will close lateron today
Here is the mood board, remember it needs to be displayed in your blog post to qualify ...
Here are the Linky Party prizes:
- one winner of Kathryn's Big Wishes
- one winner of three CUTplorations word dies, winner's choice
All winners will be drawn by Random.org.
This is me finished, one last look at my cards ....
I shall be back soon. Have a lovely day!
link to DAY 1, DAY 2, DAY 3, DAY 4, DAY 5, DAY 6, DAY 7 of the Blog Hop
here is what I used:
CUTplorations thin metal dies Words: hugs and smile, Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies
ARTplorations Stencils: Leaf Prints, Kathryn's Big Wishes