Tuesday 15 March 2016

Create With Wonder

One Die - 3 Ways and highlighting sentiments

Hi All,

another sunny day here in Hoylake, it looks as if Spring is finally on its way! Today I've done things slightly differently, as you can see ...

I worked with a sentiment only and did some inlaid die-cutting with a 3D effect. The stamps from STAMPlorations' Bold Sentiments and the Sentiment Builders ranges are perfect for this hence I made this my DT project for their Inspiration Post today.


I die-cut a pierced rectangle and sponged it with Strawberry Slush, Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay inks before stamping my sentiment from the Bold Sentiments: Create set in black Archival and die cutting the butterfly flourish from it. I then cut the flourish twice more from white card which I used to layer up my flourish to achieve an embossed look after filling in the gaps with my coloured off-cuts.

Here are a couple more photos to show the card from different angles.

 

Next up are a tag and matching card using the same die, an almost two for one ...
Basically I used a ready cut and folded card which chopped in two provided me with the bases for my card and tag. Next I used a white die-cut butterfly flourish and attached it to a white die-cut pierced rectangle using repositionable adhesive before sponging all over using Heyda pigment inks and removing the flourish once finished. I sponged another flourish using the same colour and fuzzy cut two butterflies and a flourish from it.


For my tag I added a punched border to my piece of yellow card and layered my rectangle on top. I the traced one of the butterflies and coloured it using alcohol marker and sparkly gel pen. I stamped my sentiment from the Bloom Sketches set and finished off by adding some gems and doodled border.



For my card, I attached the butterfly flourish to my yellow base card, added the extra bit of flourish to its right hand side and the two butterflies as shown. I then stamped my sentiment from the Fond Expressions set, added a doodled border and finished with yet more gems.

That's it from me for today. Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog for more inspiration from my very talented teamies and to leave a comment for your entry in their monthly prize draw.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
Bold Sentiments: Create, Bloom Sketches, Fond Expressions
preview-STAMPlorations-Create BloomSketches.jpeg FondExpression-preview

butterfly flourish die - cover gift issue 150 Quick Cards Made Easy
Die-namics Pierced Rectangle dies - My Favorite Things
Xcut border punch - docrafts
Heyda Pigment inks AQUA - Buddly Crafts
Strawberry Slush, Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay inks - Stampin'Up!


4 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX