Thursday 8 October 2015

Monochromatic Purple Collage


Hi Everyone!
I am back again for another tutorial over at STAMPlorations. Today I'm going for a monochromatic palette in purple working with the stamp sets Bold Sentiments: Imagine and Mixed Media Elements, our current Stamp Club set, plus the Old Rose Prints ARTplorations Stencil.

Before starting I made myself a little colour swatch on a piece of scrap paper to see how my purples would work together and to decide which ones to use.


This is basically a one-layer card which means I stamped directly on my base card.

I started off by twice stamping the script in Sweet Plum Memento ink having wiped a little ink off along the bottom edge before stamping the second time.

Next I added my splashes in Dusty Concord Distress Ink and stenciled my rose using Dark Orchid Starlights Metallic Paint. Seeing that some of my stamped splashes could make perfect leaves helped in the positioning of the rose.

I then stamped my sentiment in Elegant Eggplant, added some more stamped texture using stamps from the Mixed Media Elements set and sprayed a fine mist using a marker pen and spritzing tool. I then finished off by rounding three corners and adding some extra sparkle in the form of gems and sequins.

Here is a close up of the rose, as you can see the paint is very sparkly which adds lovely interest to the finished project.

TIP!: If you haven't got any ready made paint, you could try adding glitter to acrylic paint which should give you a similar effect.


As always there is a little video where you can craft along. It gives you a little more information on how I create my projects as I go along.


As mentioned in my video, I am linking my card with The Hop To Stop where it's all about raising awareness about Domestic Violence. The aim is to get people talking about DV which in turn may help someone to make the break and walk away. Help is out there.

How the hop works:
Anyone is eligible for a Super Sponsor prize if they link up a *newly created* papercraft project, no back-linking please. Random.org is used to draw for winners.
In order to be eligible you MUST:
>>Comment on the three entries before your linkup in order to be eligible for a prize (be a good bloggy neighbour!) (unless it's a site that requires a login)
>>Display the sponsor graphic!
>>Provide a direct link back to the hop



As you can see STAMPlorations is one of the hop's sponsors, commenting on my post over on their blog will give you another chance of winning a prize.

That's it from me for today. Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
from STAMPloratiuons, links are in the above text
preview-STAMPlorations-Imagine SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements  preview-web-stencil-013-old-rose-prints.jpeg

12 comments:

  1. beautiful! This is a good reminder that our first layer is the best! Not covering yourself worth with more masks but let your inward beauty show in its single layer.
    Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I've yet to try a one layer card...not sure if I can...lol...but yours is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to go monochromatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The metallic paint looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your one-layer card is beautiful...you don't really need all the layers to get your message across when you have a great sentiment and your own personal design paper. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fab purple card Monika, looks like you have got the feel for sparkle now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas is comung up! Guessing that's Sunday's workshop with Chloe's Cards rubbing off. It was glitter galore. 😁 xxx

      Delete
    2. Christmas is comung up! Guessing that's Sunday's workshop with Chloe's Cards rubbing off. It was glitter galore. 😁 xxx

      Delete
  7. LOVE your beautiful monochromatic card!! Very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card for The Hop to Stop. I find one-layer cards the hardest. This is lovely with a pretty sparkle. Thank you for supporting this worthwhile and very serious issue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card-- I love how this sparkles and shines! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX