Friday 1 April 2016

CASEplorations April

Hi All,

Happy April! It is time for a new CASEplorations Challenge over at STAMPlorations. This month we are taking our inspiration from a card made by the amazing Donna Mikasa from Three Umbrellas. Here is Donna's card ...


... blogged about in her post here. So what's the inspiration we can take from Donna's card ... CAS design, watercolours, white on black sentiment, splatters, die-cuts, feathers ... to name the obvious. I think you'd be able to find lots more.

Here is what inspired me:
  • bright colours
  • white on black sentiment
  • splatters
  • focal colours above sentiment whilst overall focal element extends to below the sentiment
  • 5 feathers became 5 roses
... and here is my card ...


I decided to work with the Rosebuds and Bloom Sketches sets. I stamped the single rose 5 times, added brightly coloured acetate circles using matching brads, spritzed some ink and finished off with a white on black embossed sentiment.

Hope this inspired you to create your own take on Donna's card. You can link up your makes here on the STAMPlorations Blog. This is also where you can find more inspiration on how to CASE Donna's card, courtesy of my teamies of course.

I would like to enter my card at:
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make your Mark

Here is another look at my card in a different light ...


This is it from me for today. Have a lovely weekend!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
RosebudsBloom Sketches
stmp1077.jpeg BloomSketches.jpeg

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun CASE of my card, Monika! I love that the overlapping colors on the balloons created new colors! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your circles! Great inspired card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty CASE, Monika! Love those overlapping circles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CASE! Great take on that inspirational card! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX