Tuesday 1 March 2016

Butterfly Prints 2

Hi All,

Happy St David's Day to all my friends with a Welsh connection. I had hoped to get another project ready ... one which would feature daffodils which are blooming beautifully all over Wales ... that was before I thought it would be a good idea to finally download 'Windows 10' ready to install later on ... or so I thought ... it went into full installation mode ... and panic station this morning when I seemed to have lost all my saved links and data. That was after it took up all afternoon and evening into the night yesterday to finish the installation process. As you can imagine, I wasn't a happy bunny.

The initial bits are now a sort of sorted, and I can write my posts.
Well what a turbulent few days I had ... Friday we got a buyer for our house, fingers crossed. Saturday and Sunday, we had some time away in Anglesey from where we came back yesterday. Most of our weekend there was spent discussing how we were going forward with our plans now to achieve our goal of owning and living on a narrowboat whilst travelling the canals. We are gradually getting closer to fulfilling our dream. More about this over the next few weeks ....

Today's inspiration as my DT contribution to STAMPlorations' Inspiration feature comes from the other two Gelli Plate makes from my post and video tutorial here. The first one, the Gelli Plate print itself, had quite a lacy feel to it, and I simply added the butterfly and sentiment in Bermuda Bay to enhance this feel ...


... a white doodled border and gems finished off my project.

My second one, using the piece with the butterflies only, has a little GRUNGE ...


I added some more butterflies in Coastal Cabana and blended the edges using the same colour. I then added a little border using a stamp from the Mixed Media Grunge set and my sentiment in Elegant Eggplant before layering on a matching base card and adding a few gems to finish.

That's it from me for now. Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog for more inspiration and to leave a comment for your entry in their prize draw.

I shall be back shortly for the start of March's CASEplorations Challenge.

hugs
Monika xxx

here are the stamp sets I used in today's projects:
Mixed Media Grunge, Blossom Like A Butterfly
MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg preview-BlossomLikeAButterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX