Monday 5 June 2017

CUTplorations June

Hello Crafty Friends!

A new month ... a new challenge, over at STAMPlorations the June CUTplorations Challenge has started. Here is my DT piece ...


Well let's see where I took my inspiration from ....


This month we got this super cute dragon cake, my friend Dianne made for me for my big birthday a few years ago. Sometimes it is good to take inspiration from things that are close by.

So what have we got...
  • dragon
  • cake
  • big number birthday
  • cupcakes
  • lace
  • checked table cloth
  • party
  • colours red, blue, lilac, white and a touch of brown
I went for red cake, lace, checked table cloth, lilac, white and blue and created my background using the Plaid Maker ARTplorations Stencil, added a doily a blue circle background splattered with a little white, added my cake and sweet sentiment before finishing with a touch of glitter.


Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to see how my teamies interpreted the photo and to link up your entry too. There are prizes for the winner ($10 gift certificate) and the two runner-ups ($5gift certificate each) as voted by the DT plus, if there are 30 or more entries, one randomly drawn winner can choose any 2 of the CUTplorations Word/Phrase Dies the DT used in their projects. That's well worth creating for, what do you think?

That's it from me for now.
Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:

CUTplorations Dies used: Sweet Spring Wishes Phrase Die
preview-sweetspringwishesdie
STAMPlorations Stamps used: Sketched: Birthday Cake
stmp1058.jpeg

ARTplorations Stencils used: Plaid Maker
preview-stencil119-PlaidMaker

*** Discount code works on sale items too

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this, Monika. All the elements of the photo are there, but just the card itself is perfect. The gingham, doily, denim feel is so very cohesive. And then that great wonky cake in red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever interpretation of the photo. All the fun elements have come together beautifully to make this gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your Sweet Wishes version of the red dragon inspiration photo, Monika. I love how you made your plaid paper with your stencil. I must put on my wishlist. TFS your beautiful card my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX