Thursday 9 April 2015

Back To Basics

... or so I thought ;-D
Hello All!
It's time for me to post another Spotlight Feature over at STAMPlorations and as usual I share my projects here on my blog too.
Well, the new Stamp Club set called Mixed Media Grunge arrived in the post the other day. Luckily I was able to have a little playtime recording a video as I went along. My initial idea was to use some of my chalks with the swirly flourish stamp from the set. I cut my panels to size, stamped my image with watermark pigment ink, picked up some chalk and ... arrrgh ... it didn't work the way I wanted it to. All I ended up with was a coloured panel or two or three ... that's when plan B kicked in. I had wondered for some time how this technique might work with some old eye shadows I have ... out came the Clarins luxury ones, at least for me, I got some years ago. I couldn't bring myself to throw them out despite my eyes struggling with makeup. Well, what can I say, I found another use for them. See for yourself ...
Yes, in my first card I highlighted the watermark stamped images with eye shadow which I found a lot easier to use than chalks. For my second card I used the panels which I had coloured using my shimmery chalks. The image was then stamped with black VersaColor ink.
Full descriptions on how I made the cards can be found on the STAMPlorations Blog here where you can also leave a comment to win a prize.
That's it from me for today. I shall be back again tomorrow with another couple of projects for you, until then ... have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

the stamp sets I used:
Mixed Media Grunge - VIGNETTE Tree Silhouettes - Mixed Media Grunge is the Stamp Club set for April/May 2015

 stmp1032.jpeg 

2 comments:

  1. Gee and I've thrown all my old eye shadows away!
    So inventive Monika. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX