Friday 24 March 2017

Spring Cuppa

Hello Crafty Friends!

Spring has firmly set in, and the coffee-loving cardmakers are celebrating with a blog hop/linky party.

I thought I'd join the party as part of STAMPlorations DT. Shery is one of the hop's sponsors and asked us, if we wanted to take part. All the DT's projects can be seen here on the STAMPlorations Blog.

Well, I am offering you two pieces of inspiration. First up is a slider-shaker using A Cup Of Roses, one of the new sets, and the large rose from the Blossom Overture set in combination with all thre of the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies.


Here is briefly how it was made:

  • you basically cut a frame using the largest and smallest of the nesting dies for the top frame
  • cut another frame using the largest and the middle one of the nesting dies for the slider and spacer frame with the top cut away to form a U
  • cut a piece of acetate
  • cut a piece of card using the large nesting die for the backing and to stamp the cup of roses on.


  • colour the stamped image
  • stamp, colour and fuzzy cut the large rose
  • stamp the sentiment on the slider
  • add a tab to the slider and partially attach the rose
  • assemble card making sure to put foam tape and sequins/confetti/pearls between the cup of roses panel and the acetate
  • the slider and its frame sit between the acetate and the outer frame


Next up is another shaker card, this time a little gungy using sentiments from the Bloomin' Spring Coffee Basket in combination with the Coffee Cup Silhouette Die.


  • I picked a piece of card with a splodgy background and masked the area where I wanted the coffee cup shaker to go
  • next I picked my sentiments, used one to stamp the background and the other one to stamp on a strip of card
  • I die-cut the coffee cup from gold mirror card and wonkily assembled my shaker finishing off with some sequins
Here is another look at both cards.



I am linking my first card up with:
Coffee Loving Cardmakers - Spring Hop


That's it from me for today. Have a lovely weekend!
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps ***, stencils and dies:

A Cup Of Roses, Blossom Overture Bloomin' Spring Coffee Basket
preview-SheryRuss_ACupofRoses StampClub-BlossomOverture-preview.jpeg preview-BloominSpringCoffeeBasket-Shery

preview-CrazyDoubleRunningStitches-Rectangle CUTplorations-coffeecup-preview

*** Discount code works on sale items too

29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous products and I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creative shaker ideas! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card has everything... an interactive design revealing a surprise, a shaker element and beautiful stamping. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shakers.
    The shading on the roses is
    great.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, these are beautiful and so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is FABULOUS!! I'm a coffee lover, too. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    For another fun challenge, you're welcome to join us at Word Art Wednesday (our sponsor is Simon Says Stamp). We'd love to have you. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun shakercards! The slider shaker card is something I have never seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love interactive cards and these are both just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW. Your cards are wonderful. That slider one is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! Love your creative idea! Hugs, Autumn (SewPaperPaint)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both totally fabulous. The roses are so pretty and I love the color combo of the coffee shaker. And I adore shakers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So creative and pretty interactive card with shaker elements!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, amazing! love the slider card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of your cards are so well designed and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful.. I love shaker cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful! I do need that cup with the roses in it... for sure! And using that cup die for a shaker... i think I might need that too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, 2 super beautiful cards. I am not so great at making shakers and I love sheeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful cards! I love shaker cards and yours is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your shaker cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your interactive slider card and the shaker are such beautiful designs and unique. I haven't ever seen a slider shaker but what a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Creative AND beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Monika, both cards are totally gorgeous and stunning! Love your rose card a latte!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX