Wednesday 1 April 2015

CASEplorations April



Hi Everybody,
It's CASEplorations Time again. This is where we, the STAMPlorations Girls, pick one card each month to CASE. CASE originally means copy and share everything, but in our playground we understand it as take inspiration from ...

This month we are taking inspiration from a card Kimberly Wiener made for her post here, when she was our Guest Designer for the Stamps & Glitter challenge last July.


I love the bright orange combined with the blue. The splatter pattern also stood out to me as something that I liked.
I actually made my card last Friday in between seeing clients which meant I didn't want my fingers getting inky. This is why instead of splatters I used dots and circles to get the movement for my card. I stamped these using the ring from The Bee's Knees Newlyweds Extras set, the ring was used for the circles and simply turned over for stamping the bubble like dots.
I then took a die cut butterfly and added some pattern to it by embossing the Distressed Damask Background in light blue and highlighting it with a darker blue using the resist technique.
To add some more contrast I decided to layer my butterfly on a piece of orange card with a blue banner and white on black greeting from the Joyful stamp set.

To finish my card off I simply added some sequins ... and here it is:


As always there is a chance for you to play along at the CASEploration Playground, more details can be found here.
Before I go just a quick reminder that the new APRIL Release Stamps are available at a 10% discount until 10th April. If you are a member of our Stamp Club, you will get your 15% discount on top of that too.

Smiles all around. Mine arrived in the post today .... off playing ...

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

stamps I used:
stmp1002-a.jpeg  stmp1092.jpeg 

April Release stamps




5 comments:

  1. I so love your CASE! those stamped dots and circles look so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME post AWESOME CASE, love your circles and design!!! So excited that I am able to join you and the rest of the team this month for CASEplorations and STAMPlorations!!! Thanks for having me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your use of dots in the BG like Kim's water spots is a wonderful CASE element, Monika. Lucky you, getting your stamps already. Our post is holding mini-strikes :( Have a beautiful Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX