Friday 25 September 2015

Building Up Momentum

Hi Everyone,

It's Inspiration Time over at the STAMPlorations Blog. Each month we invite you to CASE any of our projects and link them up at the Inspiration CASE Playground.

This little feature gave me the inspiration for my first two projects ... I decided to CASE Shirley's cards from her Spotlight Feature Inspired by Pinterest. These were her cards ...

 

... and this is what I made of them ...



As you can see, I am still in Christmas card mode. I used the die cut trees and their matching border and basically followed the steps outlined in Shirley's tutorial. The difference is that I used different colours and that I sprayed my card with Gold Artiste Spritzing Ink before starting, once it had dried of course. Apart from that I used the following sets: Holiday Sketches: Christmas Flower, Vignette: Christmas Block and Patchwork Frenzy: Graphic Squares.

TIP!: If you don't have a matching tree and frame die, you could try and draw the shape and add a doodled outline to finish.

My next card uses the Christmas Flower set again. This time I worked with the flower itself ...


I created a stencil for sponging the ornament and a mask for my poinsettia, which I stamped through my stencil before masking and sponging the bauble. I them watercoloured my flower using Festive Berries and Barn Door distress inks with a touch of Daffodil Delight for the center. To finish I stamped my sentiment, rounded some corners and added a bow and some sequins.

Hope you feel inspired to CASE any of my or my teamies cards. You can link them up at the Inspiration CASE Playground. You find the Linky at the end of each Inspiration Post on the STAMPlorations Blog ... hope to see you there.

Have a lovely weekend!

Hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used:

from STAMPlorations, links to the sets are in the above text
  stmp1041.jpeg

Pine Trio background and outline dies - Memory Box
Gold Artiste Spritzing Ink - docrafts
Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight inks - Stampin'Up
Festive Berries, Barn Door distress inks, Jet Black and Sepia Archival inks - Ranger
Onyx Black Versafine ink - Tsukineko
ribbon - Fantastic Ribbons

4 comments:

  1. Loved Shirley's technique too. All three of your creations are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Shirley's technique too. All three of your creations are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It works really well with the Christmas tree dies, Monika! Love the stencilled poinsettia bauble too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creations, I love how you got inspired and created ur awesoem Christmas cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX