Tuesday 19 January 2016

Butterfly Arc Revisited

Hi All,

Here is another card for your Inspiration over at STAMPlorations using the butterflies from the Winged Things set which I arranged in an arc. As soon as I saw the set I wanted to make something using vellum with glitter ...


Let's start with the background ... I used the left over silver metallic acrylic paint from my card here and roughly painted it down the center on a piece of white card. Once dry I blended Milled Lavender all over it rubbing the excess from over the paint off with a piece of kitchen roll. I then stamped my butterflies using matching archival ink and stamped them again on vellum and fuzzy cut. I stamped my sentiment from the Bold Sentiments Discover set in black archival, distressed the edges and layered it to my base card before attaching my vellum butterflies with a little glue and finishing off with liberally applying glitter glue all over them. I love this technique, it makes the vellum crinkle and adds some lovely dimension. Here is a little close-up ...


You can also see the random brushstrokes of the metallic paint adding some subtle interest. The acrylic paint acts as a form of resist when used with dye inks and the two complement each other well.

I am entering my card at:
Craft Stamper - Anything Goes with a stamp

Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to see the fabulous projects my Teamies created. There is always such a variety for you to take inspiration from.

That's it from me for today. Off to finish clearing the craft room, having guest staying overnight ...

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

Here is what I used, links are in the above text:
preview-TheBeesKnees-WingedThings preview-STAMPlorations-Discover

3 comments:

  1. Love those shimmery butterflies! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX