Monday 27 April 2015

Love and More

Hi All,
Thanks for all your lovely comments, they were very much appreciated. It was good to hear that you enjoyed all the inspiration my teamies and I had prepared for the April Release Blog Hop.
Well, today it is time for a little more inspiration. I made a couple of cards and a little box to go with my second one.
First up is a card, where I did some stenciling and heat embossing. I felt inspired by one of the sentiments from the new Fond Expressions set.


I die cut a heart shape to create my large heart stencil and attached the ARTplorations Stencil: Hearts All Over to it before sponging through both. Vicki did a great tutorial here on how exactly to do this enclosed stenciling technique. I removed my stencils and gold embossed my sentiment, layered on my kraft base card and added a couple of tiny hearts to finish. One could add a little shadow outline with a fine tip pen to the sentiment, however it is much more visible in real life than the photo makes you believe.


Next up is a little card using another sentiment from the Fond Expressions set and the daisy from the Bloom Sketches set ...


I started by spritzing a piece of white card with a little Cardinal Red Artiste Spritzing ink. Once dry I stamped the daisy in Bravo Burgundy and coloured it using pastel yellow and burnt orange Promarkers adding an outline in warm grey. Next I stamped my sentiment and added a couple of dashed lines to finish. I made 5 of these to fit the box below, plus envelopes of course.


The box was made using my envelope punch board from a piece of white card already spritzed and daisy stamped all over. Once the card was cut to size, punched and scored, I added a border to the sides and to frame the visible squares using the slightly dotty stamp from the Mixed Media Grunge set as you can see in the photographs below. I also added the same border to my DP ribbon and blended the edges.



I assembled the box, added my cards and envelopes, attached the ribbon and added a fancy die cut circle. I then stamped and fuzzy cut some leaves from the Trendy Leaves set, stamped, coloured and fuzzy cut the daisy, die cut some branches and attached it all to the front of the circle before adding some gems and glossy accents to finish.

This is it from me for today. Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to see the gorgeous projects my teamies made plus if you feel like CASEing one or two of our projects, you can link them up here too. A winner will be randomly drawn from all the entries to our Inspiration CASE Playground to win either a $15 gift certificate or their choice of ant 2 ARTplorations Stencils.

Back again shortly with more inspiration.
Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

the sets I used from STAMPlorations:
FondExpression-preview stmp1061.jpeg stmp1080.jpeg  preview-web-stencil-007-hearts.jpeg

dies used:
heart die - Xcut nesting dies by docrafts
Pine Bough - Sue Wilson by Creative Expressions
Italian Collection Decorative Frames - Sue Wilson by Creative Expressions

inks used:
Cardinal Red - Artiste Spritzing ink by docrafts
Melon Mambo, Riding Hood Red, Bravo Burgundy, Garden Green, Ruby Red - Stampin'Up!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous :) such awesome creations, I am so loving the masked stenciled hearts !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for the shout out! LOVE all - Having a box to hold cards for a gift -- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness - what an array of beauties! Love the heart stenciled heart and of course that massive splattering on your second one! Cool. to make an envelope - i am always too lazy for that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! Love the spritzed and splattered daisy - of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely project, Monika.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX