Sunday 11 January 2015

Sunday Playtime

Hi Everybody,
Hope you all had a nice weekend. I certainly did, a couple of walks and some crafting time made for a perfect one. Even better I got some new stamps through the post this week, and what better time to try them out.
Here is my first one:
I have been using the Newlyweds set designed by my friend Shirley, The Bees Knees by STAMPlorations. My inspiration came from tye following challenges:
CASology - date - wedding day
Less is More - one layer and new beginnings - married life
Crafty Calendar - what's new - new set and new beginnings
One Layer Simplicity - attractive opposites - Mr & Mrs, graphic and splatters, doodled and straight
CAS(e) this Sketch
I first stamped and gold embossed my couple, then I drew my border, created a mask and masked off my couple and spritzed with Artiste Gold Spritzing ink (docrafts). Once dry, I removed my mask and stamped the Mr & Mrs sentiment. I love the gold spritzed background, it is subtle and effective. Hope you like it too.
My next card uses another set by Shirley, this time it's Houses
.I made this card for Nick's nephew and his girlfriend who moved into their first flat this week. These wobbly houses look somewhat cute and I couldn't help adding this great sentiment (Sizzix Eclips shape). I thought it really matched the occasion.
I would like to enter this card in the Allsorts 'New & Cute' and the Crafty Calendar 'What's New' challenges.
Better go off and do some cooking. :-)
Have a lovely week!
hugs
Monika xxx

formerly from Monika's Blog, I took the liberty of transferring my achievement badges

Edit:
Just found out that my Newlyweds Card got an Honourable Mention at CASology. Yay!!!! Thanks, Melissa, for picking my card.


 stmp1094.jpeg stmp1093.jpeg

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Monika and loving the crisp and clean LIM one in particular.
    Fantastic idea for new beginnings.
    thanks for sharing and taking part
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - so simple yet elegant! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Monika, especially the one for LIM New Beginings! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Monika! I love the elegant simplicity of the first and the playfulness of the second!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards, your first one is so beautiful and elegant. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely cards Monika - I particularly like the one you made for the couple with the new flat, love that image, those wobbly houses really work well! Could I just ask you to check the link from our challenge to your blog because it doesn't seem to work properly.

    Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Something New) Challenge this month, lots of luck!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. Thanks for pointing this out, not sure what happened. Can't see how to resolve the issue apart from trying to link it up again. x

      Delete
  7. Your cards are very nice and I especially like the card for CASology which is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Monika.
    Thank you for sharing at my "new and cute" theme at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are both fabulous! I especially love that first one -- wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monika, this one layer wedding card is so classy and elegant! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't believe I missed that you linked this to OLS as well! And I'm so glad that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful one layer version of the sketch!
    Great job!!!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I love them both, Monika!! Love the splatters and frame on Newlyweds, and the highlighted cottage just jumps off the card - great sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks terrific and perfectly CAS!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards, Monika - I have been playing around with those sets, too, but I am holding off to show them.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great wedding card!! I think you have done an amazing job with this new stamp set. I saw it and passed on it but may have to think about it again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX